In this picture you can see a girl holding a picture of her and someone very close to her. The colors are followed by black and white because this picture isn't something bright colors should be in. It's more of a grieving moment. So black and white fight the picture and quote. The picture has good shades of black in it and a great tone of gray. It has a beautiful exotic butterfly landing on the frame. I wouldn't call this image a dark one because even though she is grieving on a loved one she will always know that person is in a better place and is not sad but only wants the best for her. As you know when you loose someone dearly close to you so unexpectingly is can twist your whole life upside down. That’s basically what the statement “My Unexpected Twist" means. You can tell by looking deeper into the image the butterfly might mean a lot to her because it’s the only thing in color. This statement has a huge impact on my life because I lost someone who meant everything to me and its hard to not see her beautiful smile anymore nor hear her say "I love you". I think this statement is simple but very straight forward towards a lot of situations. I know they say everything happens for a reason but sometimes I ask myself why? Loosing someone who means so much to you leads to depression guilt, and pain. It's not easy looking at her pictures or watching videos of her. The statement is very brilliant because it’s exactly what I can say about what happened to me. She is an angel now god has taken her to be his lovely angel.
2 comments:
I think you did a good job showing through your picture the message you wanted to portray. I think the statement could still be pushed a little further because right now, you say, "My" which makes us know that the issue is yours not ours... so we don't get to think about OUR unexpected twists... I would have liked the butterfly to be tinted Red, just to give it a true barbara kruger effect. Overall nicely done.
I really like your social issue its creative and touching.
Post a Comment